- Poster presentation
- Open Access
P388: Evaluation of the outsourcing of public hospital cleaning / case of university hospital Yalgado Ouedraogo
Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control volume 2, Article number: P388 (2013)
Lack of tangible evidence proving the effectiveness and efficiency of the outsourcing of cleaning compared to self cleaning. Need to evaluate the outsourcing of cleaning.
Evaluate cleaning subcontracting of CHUYO. The specific objectives were: 1. To assess the cleaning process at CHUYO; 2. To assess the effectiveness of cleaning in comparison to standards; 3. To discuss the factors explaining any gaps identified.
Descriptive cross-sectional survey conducted from 04 to 10 July 2011. Collection of information from patients and healthcare personnel. We used a questionnaire survey addressing the following items: work organization, human resources, cleaning procedures, material resources. Surface sampling 15 minutes after cleaning operations were conducted.
- 95% of patients feel that they were satisfied with the cleaning done by a private company;
- 75% of patients feel that they are not disturbed by the passage cleaning crews;
- 89% of patients report that their products used do not cause any discomfort;
- 77% of professionals are satisfied with the quality of cleaning, - There were dissatisfaction in 3 points: transit schedules not suitable for some patients, lack of staff, staff discourteous.
- 93% of study participants prefer subcontracted cleaning rather than self cleaning.
Strengthening the achievements of subcontracting (apparent cleanliness and satisfaction of users and health professionals). Ensure training of cleaning staff, establish mechanisms for monitoring bacteriological quality surfaces and disinfectants.
Disclosure of interest
About this article
Cite this article
Zoungrana, J., Traoré, A. P388: Evaluation of the outsourcing of public hospital cleaning / case of university hospital Yalgado Ouedraogo. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2, P388 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1186/2047-2994-2-S1-P388
- Quality Surface
- Questionnaire Survey
- Public Hospital
- Specific Objective
- Private Company